Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Crazy Week!

As with all pregnancies, I've been sick this last week. I had a tiny skin infection that I went to have removed last Monday and they wouldn't take it off until I was on an antibiotic for a week. This antibiotic was the worst I've ever taken. It made me so nauseated. I haven't thrown up my entire pregnancy until last week because of that stupid pill.

But, that isn't the exciting part of the week. After I got so sick they put me on an anti-nausea medication. I don't know what happened, but after I was put on them, Little Buck stopped moving, for over 24 hours. I was totally freaked out, I tried everything. He just wasn't my little jumper anymore. The doctor told me to go to labor and delivery.

So, Wednesday night Trav and I spent the evening at the hospital checking the baby out. And wouldn't you know it, as soon as they put those monitors on my stomach, Little Buck went crazy. He hates having stuff on him. They had to keep moving the monitors because they'd lose his heartbeat because he'd move. At times I thought he was trying to literally kick the monitors off. Well, my little jumper came back. Everything was fine, they said he was perfect. At least the trip was good for our peace-of-mind.

Even though the nurse at the hospital said it wasn't the medications I was taking, I went off the anti-nausea medication and have just lived with the yucky antibiotic (only 3 more pills). But isn't it just my luck that while on an antibiotic, I get stuck with a cold too. Figures.

3 comments:

christi said...

How scary, I 'm glad everything turned out ok and Little Buck is doing great!!!

Emilee said...

I am glad all is well Steph. This maddness won't last forever :)

Wendy M. said...

Ick! Sounds like our whole Mason Family is have a run of bad luck as far as health goes. I hope you are feeling better soon! And we're so glad everything is ok with baby. (I don't know why but I don't know if I can bring myself to call him Buck!) LOL!!